Sunday, June 10, 2012

Love is Patient, Love is Kind




Good afternoon everyone!

Sorry, it's been awhile since my first post...I've been busy! And not the fun kind of busy, the-dragging my feet all around school trying to get done for summer, kind of busy!!


However, I have been thinking really hard about what my next blog should be about! It only took me four days, right? Finally, I came up with something!

What is the most important thing us women/girls dream about all the way from childhood as we watch Cinderella and all the rest of our favorite fairy tale movies?

Love...Marriage...Happiness

Is that cheesy? Whatever! It's about to get real cheesy up in here!

We go through relationships hoping that this one will be it. Why? Because we are impatient human beings that make mistakes every day, we set high standards and judge; criticize each other like we don't have problems of our own.

Love is what us women thrive on! We love to love! Right?

Okay, so no I'm not married nor do I have even a 'special someone' in my life, however I do know a thing or two about love because I have my bible sitting next to my bed every night making me feel guilty if I don't read it.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I love this verse! I can't wait for the day to find the truth in it when I get married. Let's be honest, that day won't be for a LONG time, I know! However, I believe when you find the right person that God created only for you to spend the rest of your life with, then this piece of scripture is true. But, it takes time to get there! When you are young you have this mind set that you have the 'perfect' guy built into your imagination. Well, give it 5-10 years and your whole list of the 'perfect' guy will be totally skewed.You grow up, experience things, mature, learn, you become someone. The last part I'm still trying to figure out myself!

I read and hear everywhere about girls keeping their eyes open for their "perfect" guy. I'm not saying I wasn't like that when I was young while listening to Taylor Swift songs. Yes you heard me right, I said Taylor Swift. Anyways, For those girls that are my age, 20...or younger...older even and still looking for the right person: You are perfect the way you are! What is right through Gods eyes, is perfect. You and I are perfect because God created us and God makes no mistakes. You do not have to become someone your not for someone to love you. You do not have to lose weight for someone to love you. He will come on Gods timing! He will walk into your life when God knows it's the perfect time. It may even be someone you already know! Who knows! Well, God knows...duh. God already has your love story written. When you get married to the right man, you two together will find this verse to be true but there will still be up's and down's, don't get me wrong.

We only love because he loved us first. John 4:19

I am young, but I am not ignorant. I know every marriage has up's and down's. I believe that if the two people are right for each other then they work passed their problems and that will make the relationship stronger. I have faith that if you put God in the middle of your relationship that everything will be okay.

No, I don't know it all because like I said, I'm not married. I do know Gods love for me though and that's all I need to know.

THIS JUST GOT DEEP!

Well, I'm done with my rambling! That was fun and interesting, but now I have to go do what I hate love most...homework.

Thanks for reading today, have a wonderful day!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment